COVID-19 Policy Update
Based on recommendations by the Center for Disease Control and the North Carolina Board of Optometry we will postpone any routine eye care or wellness visits until April 6th, 2020. Please note the following changes to our office based on current COVID-19 recommendations:
- We are still able to fill contact lens orders and ship them to your home with no shipping fees. This is most easily processed by calling our office to place your order.
- If you are scheduled for a routine visit before April 6, 2020 our staff will contact you to reschedule your appointment
- If you are currently using an eye drop for ongoing care and need a refill please call our office and we can refill your prescription electronically to the pharmacy of your choice
- In some cases we are able to see patients without coming into the office with Duo or Zoom apps. Please be prepared to download either of these applications on your smartphone or computer
- Any eye emergencies need to call our office immediately. We are still able to see patients in an emergency situation and recommend calling our office before going to urgent care or the emergency room.
- Regardless of your eye situation please let us know if you or any of your immediate contacts have COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to the virus as to best protect our team and other patients if an in person visit is needed
The Center for Disease control has ongoing updates and recommendations concerning COVID-19 for both patients and providers on their website. We are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and doctors and appreciate your cooperation and understanding with us during this time.
Our office has served Haywood County as a small business since 1955 and we look forward to overcoming this as a community and nation. We appreciate your continued support and business. If there is anything we can do to better serve you please let us know.
Drs. McBride and Pinkston